Friday, May 27, 2011

ELF Random Haul


 This post is about random stuff from elf.

Lets start with Studio Matte Eyeshadow in Pearl
and Studio Pigment Eyeshadow in Magical Maroon.

Studio Matte Eyeshadow in Pearl


I was really looking forward to getting the matte eyeshadow.
But it was a dissapointment. It is chalky and not very pigmented.
I do not see myself using this one. And I do not know if I have the guts to order
the other matte shadows from elf. - Have you tried them? How are they?
And it is a shame cause a matte shades are so good to have.

Comes in a sifter jar. Net weight: 0.05oz (1.5g)

Pearl and Magical Maroon
For the swatch I really had to put on A LOT of Pearl eyeshadow.

Magical Maroon is everything Pearl is not. It is soft, shimmery
and very pigmented. This one I like and will use a lot. I want all
shades elf has. Lets just hope they are as good as this one.

Comes in a sifter jar. Net weight: 0.05oz (1.5g)

Studio Pigment Eyeshadow in Magical Maroon

Next up is Studio Single Eyeshadow in Raspberry Truffle.


I don't know what to think of this eyeshadow. It is not as pigmented
as the Studio one above. And I have a lot of brown shades of the
elf Mineral Eyeshadows that I love. Will I use this a lot? I don't know.

Pearl, Magical Maroon and Raspberry Truffle.

Just looked on the elf website and it says that this eyeshadow
can be used wet. Didn't see that before. I have not tried this wet.
I have to do that and see if it works better when wet.

Net Weight: 0.097oz / 2.75g

Studio Cream Eyeliner


Cream Eyeliner
Creates smooth lines that are defined and precise.
Smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-resistant coverage
for all day wear to combat against, sweat, tears and rain!

Net Weight: 0.16oz (4.7g)


(Swatch pic L-R: Cream eyeliner - Ivory and Matte Eyeshadow - Satin).

The Ivory was dried up and it came right out of the container.
I did get it replaced. However that one was a bit dry aswell.
I don't know if that is an issue with all the Ivory eyeliners. And I
did not bother to complaine about that one too.
(On the elf site it is called White).


Studio Cream Eyeliner in Plum Purple is an awsome color.
Soft creamy and glides on smooth. Takes a while to set.
Looks nothing special in the container. But once you get it
out of there you see that it has a nice blue shine to it.
(On the elf site it is called Purple).

L-R: Pearl, Magical Maroon and
Cream Eyeliner Plum Purple.

 ELF Mineral Eyeshadow

e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Dreamy

I can't get enough of the Mineral Eyeshadows elf has. I love them.
They are very pigmented. Look at the swatch I made. I put the
shadow over the cream eyeliners Ivory and Plum Purple before they
had set and it covers them both, even the darker shade, perfectly.

Weight: 0.03oz (0.85g)


Liquid Eyeshadow

elf Liquid Eyeshadow Sultry Satin

I have not been using this alot. Mainly because I don't know how to.
What am I supposed to do with this? I think I need a video tutorial on this one.
It sounds great with a smudge proof eyeshadow. But I don't know when to use it.

It really did dry smudge proof. But the texture is a bit funny when dry.
So I would need other shades to make a look with these. And how am I
gonna do that when they dry so quickly. Will I be able to blend them in time?

elf Liquid Eyeshadow Sultry Satin

 The pigment rich Liquid Eyeshadow dries to a water tight finish to give
endless staying power so you can take your look from day to night
without looking faded. The colors won't crease or smear, and they won't
budge until you take them off. An alternative to traditional eye shadows,
these lightweight colors are exceptionally gentle for a silky smooth finish.
The quick dry formula allows for fast and easy application.

Directions
Apply color to eyelid and blend in while still wet, allow to dry for a smudge proof seal.

Net Weight: 0.04fl.oz (1ml)


 All swatches from this post


Have you Liquid Eyeshadows?
Do you know how to use them?
__  __  __


And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, dear, matte eyeshadows are not ok. I have smokey, it's not well pigmented as well :/ But mineral eyeshadows are awesome! How I love them! In each order, at least, I order one of them. Very pigmented and easy to use.
    I don't like and use liquid eyeshadow as I have an oily lid. But hope you'll find a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your elf reviews! I order from them every few months. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dolls!
    @Amber I am really glad to hear that. And you know what! I have more ELF stuff coming up. Just can't help myself. HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...