Monday, May 30, 2011

ELF 32pc Eyeshadow Collection


This haul post is about elf 32pc Eyeshadow Collection
Everyday Basics and swatches of it.
(Hauled about Everyday Brights HERE and Swatches HERE)


When I first got it I was like "wow a matte black shadow". Then I saw that
one of the shadows was missing. However it was in the palette. And nothing
was broken. So I just poped it right back to where it belonged.



I tried to take pictures in different lighting. The purples was
hard to capture. They come off more blue than they are in real life.
But that is usually the case with purple shades.




I also compared it with the Everyday Brights palette.

Basics - Brights

Basics - Brights
(Swatches below without primer are done
from the top row Left To Right
Row by Row).
 Swatches with and without Primer

Onto the swatches that are done without any primer. What can I say... 
The shadows are soft and crumble easily. Some of the
swatches look just like it was dirt. Very poor pigmentation.
Some shades better than others, but over all... Not good.

First row
Shadow 1 and 2,
3 and 4





 I used the primer from elf Eye Primer & Liner Sealer for these swatches.
That primer is really sicky. And still I felt that it was hard to build any color.




I do NOT recommend this palette. Not even to a beginner.
I got this palette for free with a promotional code from elf.
__  __  __

And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. oh, sorry to hear that. thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Too bad. But the Mineral eye shadows are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...